Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Accounting Operations Intern in our Deerfield, IL location office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
- Assist with month end close related items, including the posting of journal entries with SAP.
- Prepare and analyze monthly account reconciliations
- Track capital asset spending and place completed assets into service.
- Update account reconciliation/journal entry tracking for J-SOX compliance.
- Prepare the reconciliation of various Finance Operation general ledger feed files once posted in SAP.
- Assist performing technical accounting research on various issues.
- Assist monthly closing and reporting activities, including but not limited to financial statements flux analysis, investigating and documenting significant variances and preparing commentaries for internal reporting purpose.
- Assist preparing statutory financial statements and related annual audit.
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- At a minimum, must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree and have completed their sophomore year. Majors in Finance or Accounting are strongly preferred.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook – Limited experience
- MS Word – Limited experience
- MS Excel – Proficient
- MS PowerPoint – Limited experience
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to works well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Local travel may be required based on business needs.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.