Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Immunology Intern in our San Diego location office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
This position will offer a dynamic and exciting opportunity to conduct original target identification and validation research in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) area. This position will be responsible for providing support with lab work which involves tissue culture experiments, ELISA, PCR screening, Q-PCR assays etc. Potential work with efficacy models will include mice and rat models of GI and Immunology. This individual will interact closely with other biologists, medicinal and bioanalytical chemists. Depending on the nature of experiments weekend work may be required. You will be expected to have good computer skills; Microsoft word, excel, graphical presentation of data and Powerpoint slide presentations. Besides lab work, this position also offers the opportunity to be involved in insilico analyses of high-throughput datasets. Prior familiarity with bioinformatics is desirable although not required. Highly motivated, independent self-starter attitude and critical thinking required.
Perform tissue culture experiments and various in vitro assays
Performs data analyses and present results when necessary
Prepares samples for external shipments
Performs (or eagerness to learn) bioinformatics analyses of high-throughput datasets
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student in good academic standing with a focus in immunology, bioinformatics, pharmaceutical science, or a related biological or chemical science field (First, Second or Third year students preferred)
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Expected hours: 10 - 20 hours while school is in session; up to 40 hours during school breaks
- Applicants must be highly motivated, self-starters with excellent oral and written communication.
- Applicants must be willing to work with rodents as well as human tissues, cells, and fluids.
- Candidate should have a strong interest and understanding of (or willingness to learn) Immunology and Gastroenterology Biology.
- Previous experience with each of the following is preferred but not required: animal handling and dosing, DNA, RNA preparation, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, and IHC.
- Potential exposure to cold temperatures, loud noises, reactive chemicals and possible rodent allergens.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.