For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2016, Northern Trust Corporation had:
•$124 billion in banking assets
•$6.7 trillion in assets under custody
•$8.5 trillion in assets under custody/administration
•$942 billion in assets under management
As part of the Fees Division, the Senior Anlayst role serves as an extension of the Fee Leadership Team as well as one of the primary contacts for all fee related setups and inquiries from Associate Analyst. The Senior Analyst must also adhere to the compliance guidelines and internal auditing requirements of the Bank and assist the Fee Leadership Team with ensuring best practices are being followed. Under general direction, the Senior Analyst may also be responsible for performing a variety of moderately complex accounting and analytical duties. Additionally, the Senior Analyst will be expected to accurately and efficiently process complex fee setups, revisions, recalculations and submit to Client Servicing for approval and Fee Management Team as required. The incumbent must also demonstrate a firm understanding of fee setup processes for HFS as well as the financial risk associated with each task. It’s also expected for the Senior Anlayst to demonstrate the ability to understand and assist with the resolution of complex requests related to all components of the fee setup process as well as facilitate conference calls to better understand direction from our front office partners. Responsibilities are as follows:
1. Perform fee setups, analysis and calculations for HFS clients.
2. Proactively monitor HFS reports prior to posting and distribution to Client Services and Fee Finance (billing trackers – Billed and Unbilled).
3. Majority of billing tasks are performed in Bangalore with oversight/review in Chicago.
4. Cross train on multiple segments to build well-rounded experience for HFS onshore and offshore.
5. Assist with the cross-training and development of new fee analysts.
6. Proactively monitor fee information on reports for errors with calculations, input, and variances in fees for assigned accounts from one period to another.
7. Resolve complex client/partner fee related inquiries in a timely manner using email.
8. Prioritize daily tasks to ensure productivity, accuracy and timeliness expectations are met in accordance to the established guidelines of the division.
9. Serves as a key liaison between client servicing, Bangalore as well as internal & external auditors and other operational areas to provide analytical and procedural expertise.
10. Communicate and escalate potential auditing issues to Fee Management/Leadership Team as required.
11. May perform various analysis required to assess the financial position and operational results of the organization.
12. Research moderately complex accounting transactions and reporting issues with some guidance from the subject matter expert.
13. Participate and lead projects and initiatives focused on process improvements and efficiency (GFB).
14. Additional invoicing tasks for other segments may be required and must be maintained according to Service Descriptions.
15. Peer Reviews for other segments.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience:
The incumbent must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or demonstrate sound business and organizational knowledge acquired through 2-3 years of work related experience. Strong communication (verbal & written), attention to detail (accuracy), ability to multi-task and prioritize work, time management, analytical, organizational and mathematical skills are required. Proficiency with Excel is also required. CPA certification is a plus.