Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
Primary responsibilities are to support the business unit of National Portfolio Management operational day-to-day duties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate and communicate meetings for high-net-worth clients in multiple locations across multiple time zones
- As the voice of TIAA answer phones and route calls; provide general information to clients; refer questions and issues to appropriate staff or department for further information and problem resolution.
- Maintain calendar for executives
- Create internal/external correspondence using Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) as well as create correspondence and/or log activities in client management system (Siebel/Unified Desktop)
- Compile client data and research
- Make routine travel arrangements and complete expense reports
- Order and maintain office supplies and marketing materials
- Schedule and set-up internal meetings/conference calls/catering as required
- May act as liaison for office facilities and maintenance issues
- May act as liaison for vendors and ensure payment of office-related invoices
- Ad-hoc reporting/projects
- Assist teammates; cover other duties during vacations
- High school diploma required
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Organized, detail oriented and follows-through
- Able to multi-task and produce in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017