The Administrative Coordinator will report to and assistwith the day to day operations of the Priests’ Placement Board and the Office of Extern and International Priests. General administrative support will be given to the Executive Secretary of the Priests’ Placement Board and the Archbishop’s Delegate for the Office of Extern and International Priests. This will include drafting and managing all correspondences, emails, phone calls, and coordinating appointments. Assistance will also be provided to additional offices, such as the Office of the Chancellor and the Office of the Vicar General, when requested.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains priest personnel records, database, and applications for Faculties and provide support and communication to visiting priests from other US States and other countries
- Maintains files and updates records for Diocesan, Religious, and Extern priests.
- Updates, monitors, and maintains priests’ information, such as parish assignments, appointments to secondary positions / assignments, personal data such as address information, etc. in multiple database systems to ensure accuracy of information on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews applications for Faculties to ensure all appropriate documentation is completed
- Reviews applications submitted for mandatory Suitability for Ministry letter from Bishop
- Reviews documentation for completion of requirements in compliance with the USCCB protocols for priests in public ministry
- Supports and works directly with Priests’ Placement Board on a daily basis
- Assists with the pastor and associate pastor assignments, which includes, but is not limited to the following: maintains lists of open parishes, maintains lists of priests in the pastor pool and associate pastor pool, and compiles information for parish profiles
- Provides support to the Office for Religious regarding records for religious priests
- Archives paper documents and electronic files on a weekly basis utilizing the electronic archive system (HP TRIM)
Will assist with reserving conference rooms, gathering and copying meeting materials, and ordering and setting up refreshments for the following meetings:
Extern and International Priests (Incardination Committee Meeting)
- Gathers appropriate documents for candidates
- Monitors all files for candidates in the incardination process
- Communicates decisions regarding various phases of the incardination process to other offices
Priests’ Placement Board
- Meeting set up
Drafts and manages correspondence, phone calls, and emails for the Priests’ Placement Board and Extern and International Priests Offices including, but not limited to:
- Correspondence requiring the Archbishop Delegate’s or the Cardinal's signature
- Initial contact letter sent to pastors and associates scheduled for reassignment, pastors requesting an associate, and priests who are retiring.
- Coordinates distribution and collection of pastor application forms for priests who are applying for new parish assignments.
- Drafts appointment letters for new appointments and assignments, including Sabbaticals, parish assignments, and other assigned roles
- Provides Office of Legal Services with Immigration documents for international priests and prepare for Immigration meetings when available
- Arranges and works with the Office of Legal Services and the Office of Religious to organize periodic meetings with all extern priests regarding immigration status from a legal presentation.
- Manages correspondence that does not require the Archbishop’s Delegate’s attention
- Files correspondence appropriately
- Translates any documents, letters, correspondence, etc. into English or Spanish as needed
Provides information for Priests Placement Board and the Office of Extern and International Priests regarding budget, expenses and invoices including, but not limited to:
- Monitors office expenses
- Submits invoices and check requests with proper documentation and forms
- Uses procurement card to purchase office supplies and submits spending report to Controller’s Office with appropriate receipts
- Participates in weekly team meetings
- Provides weekly status updates / reports
- Provides Human Resources and the Office of Insurance Risk with information regarding new priests receiving benefits
- Serves as liaison between the Priests’ Placement Board and priests engaged in the placement process, providing information on open assignments and parish data.
- Assists with coordination of the Ministerial Evaluation process serving as liaison the priests in the evaluation process and an outside consultant
- Serves as a liaison for priests inquiring about going on sabbatical, processing sabbatical applications, and processing sabbatical reimbursements
- Coordinates with the internal team which publishes the annual Archdiocesan directory of parishes, Archdiocesan priests and religious priests.
- Generates several different Business Objects Reports upon request including, but not limited to:
- Compliance reports
- Faculties expiring reports
- Extern/International Priest reports
- Parish pastor listing reports
- Priests Placement Board reports
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of discretion when handling confidential information / material.
- 1-3 years of practical experience working in an administrative support role, support experience withthe Catholic Church. highly desiired
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including and Excel, network/calendar program;
- Strong knowledge of the Internet;
- Accuracy in typing and spelling; other general office skills.
- Must demonstrate understanding, respect and support for Catholic Church teaching, mission and values.
- Must have strong organizational skills; have the ability to prioritize and multi-task while successfully meeting deadlines; honesty, good work ethic, flexible, and must work well with others.