The Hedge Fund Services Financial Control Team supports all of our clients from a Finance and Accounting standpoint. The role is varied and covers Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function within a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Preparation and Review of Operating Expenses for funds on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Production of month end Close Packs for various clients on weekly/monthly basis.
- Interact with clients and others to obtain understanding of funds’ activities
- Participate in financial statements preparation for funds on an annual basis.
- Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual financial statements.
- Work with shared services teams to ensure timely follow up and completion of audit requests.
- Participate in the quarterly preparation of regulatory reporting for applicable funds.
- Work with the teams in Limerick and Chicago to further improve the existing Annex IV solution
Skills / Experience
- 3rd level qualification in a finance related discipline
- Knowledge of hedge funds and other alternative investment structures an advantage
- Knowledge of financial reporting including US GAAP & IFRS financial statements and footnote disclosures an advantage
- Knowledge of financial products and related accounting
- Financial analysis
- Client service experience
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management