Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Right now, thousands of Merck associates are working to cure the world’s most complex diseases. We know that our people are the key to our success, which is why our Human Resources organization takes pride in building teams of skilled, forward-thinking individuals who contribute to Merck’s pioneering medical advancements. Our Human Resources department shares a spirit of attentive enthusiasm that helps support our associates in achieving new milestones in global healthcare.
As part of the Workforce Analytics team, this position creates value by providing consultation on human capital strategy through the development of human capital insights though external research, advanced analytics and various other innovative approaches to support Merck’s mission “To discover, develop and provide innovative products and services that save and improve lives around the world."
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing human capital consulting and analytic expertise in support of the Senior Vice President of Human Resources. Merck Research Labs and the Merck Research Labs organization.
- Applying your expertise in quantitative and qualitative analysis, research and data visualization to effectively answer business questions with compelling, actionable insights
- Leverage your data storytelling skills to effectively present analyses results to internal clients, including senior HR executives and line leaders
- Managing ambiguous talent problems; deftly translate them into clear questions; and create descriptive or predictive analysis to answer them
- Exploring and leveraging new sources of internal/external, HR/Business, structured/unstructured, small/big data, to uncover new insights for attracting, developing and retaining talent.
- Collaborating with HR, Business and Information Technology teams to understand data structures, and work with them to gather, clean and prepare data for analysis and visualization
- Building expertise in sophisticated statistical analysis (e.g. regression analysis, classification, predictive modeling), and develop text and sentiment mining expertise
- Applying understanding of the business and HR in order to evaluate information needs and to recommend and develop appropriate solutions (metrics, analyses, data collection, automated reporting tool functionality, etc.) to inform talent decision-making
- Partnering with division HR team to provide analyses/metrics in support of HR processes including Succession Planning, Talent Reviews, Year-End Performance and Compensation processes, Employee Development, Diversity, Organization Design, etc.
- Contributing to the design of dashboards (workforce, compensation) as well as produce dashboards for client groups and consult with them on trends.
- As needed, developing dashboard target setting methodology for division metrics, ensure client understading and facilitate discussion of results with senior HR and line leaders
- Staying informed and connected with developments in the field of people analytics and introduce new learnings to the organization.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or other related fields and a minimum of 10 years of experience providing data-driven business analysis and reporting
- Masters degree from an accredited institution in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or other related fields and a minimum of 8 years of experience providing data-driven business analysis and reporting
- Minimum 6 years of experience in advanced and predictive analytics, data visualization, strategic planning, data mining (preferably in Human Resources)
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative research (preferably in Human Resources).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a high degree of initiative and creativity
- Experience consulting with internal or external clients
- Strong project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to design and deliver executive presentations of complex analyses
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Basic (e.g. descriptive statistics, correlations, significance testing) and advanced statistics (e.g., multiple regression, logistic regression)
- Experience with statistical software, such as, R, Python, SAS
- Thrives in an ambiguous environment
- Survey design and analysis experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: