- Develop an in-depth understanding of the needs of oncology patients and demonstrate a focus on activities to meet those needs
- Participate in the development of the US/global medical affairs plan
- Work closely with Takeda medical science liaisons (MSLs) with regard to scientific education, advisory boards, community clinical trial sites, interactions with community health care professionals and small/medium payer accounts
- Work with Global Oncology Business Unit (GOBU) leads to support US medical affairs activities
- Provide scientific expertise in the development of non-promotional and promotional materials
- Work closely with alliance partners and with clinical development and commercial
- Provide strategic assessments of opportunities and threats regarding the treatment of MM patients in the US.
- Lead a broad range of medical affairs activities, including serving as medical monitor for US Takeda-sponsored medical affairs studies, internal training, and conducting advisory boards
- Foster research relationships with community hospital centers and key US community oncologists
- Interact regularly with key medical opinion leaders
- Provide medical leadership for investigator initiated studies (IIS) program
- Responsible for US thought leader development
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated focus on patients’ interest
- Active US MD license required
- Ideal candidate will have worked in community hospital setting
- Minimum of 2 years combined post-clinical MD/industry experience
- Must have conducted or participated in clinical trials with track record of patient accrual
- Must have experience in hematology and oncology.
- In-depth understanding of the multiple myeloma research environment and the immuno-oncology field is a key plus.
- Requires experience and success in working in a matrixed, cross-functional environment; excellent collaboration skills; experience working across functions to achieve results.
- 25% (mostly within US)
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.