Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Associate Principal Scientist to join our Immuno-Oncology team at Merck’s Boston Site. The successful candidate will be responsible for validating novel Immuno-oncology targets and contributing to small and large molecule drug discovery programs. Responsibilities include the development and execution of experimental strategies to define biomarkers, mechanism of action and mechanism of resistance of Immuno-oncology therapeutic agents. S/he will perform in vitro experiments to determine the functional effect of candidate target activation/inhibition by using a variety of assays to interrogate immune end-points. Candidate is expected to keep abreast of published scientific literature and present his/her data at internal group meetings.
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D degree in the biological sciences, with 3 years of industry experience in the area of oncology and/or Immuno-oncology or Immunology.
- Experience in pharmaceutical drug discovery particularly using therapeutic antibodies or small molecules.
- Candidate must have expertise with multi-parameter flow cytometry, developing in vitro and in vivo assays to investigate immune function and possess a deep knowledge of technologies commonly used to assess immune endpoints.
- Candidate should have experience in primary immune cell isolation and stimulation, proliferation and apoptosis assays, immunoassay techniques/platforms (e.g. Western, ELISA, Mesoscale), as well as RT-PCR.
- Candidate should be competent in standard scientific software used for data analysis (e.g. Microsoft Excel) as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and Graphpad Prism.
- Candidate should be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: