Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The AVP, Senior Business Development Analyst will report to the VP of Global Strategic Relations (f/k/a National Accounts) within Nuveen Advisory Services and will support the team in planning, coordinating and providing information on our clients and key competitors. This individual will also take a leadership role on collaborating with the broader team to create, update and provide narrative for key business data that drives and monitors our teams goals and progress including sales/flows/AUM trends as well as internal CRM metrics and budget planning (identifying efficiencies).
The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a high performance, fast paced environment where workflow is not always driven top down, leadership and bottom-up idea generation as well as oversight of deadlines will be expected. Strong analytical skills and the ability to formulate, develop and execute strategic initiatives will be critical to success. An eye for graphics and past experience in data visualization within the financial services and preferably, asset management industry would be ideal for this role (work samples may be requested). The reporting and presentations generated from this role will have executive level visibility and commensurate quality is expected.
Interpersonal skills are highly valued as we strive to create a collaborative environment both within our team and with other groups with whom we work closely to gather and share data. The ability to lead, interact, communicate and focus is essential. This role will require a well-developed understanding of the asset management industry and our multi-boutique structure with analytical skills as well as working knowledge of investments, financial products and distribution.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Business Planning & Analytics: Compile and review channel, product & customer analytics to identify gaps and opportunities for development; utilize data to refine market segmentation and client focus; act as liaison between shared services functions (Product and Analytics teams) and Global Strategic Relations
- Market Research: monitor industry/product trends impacting key business priorities in order to support the team in improving market share, continuously seek new sources of qualitative and quantitative information as we move to a more global reach
- Team Measurement & Assessment: work with BD Manager to analyze customer relationship management (CRM) data in order to measure success and drive team towards key opportunities, lead workflow with BD Analyst
- Executive-Level Reporting: create and maintain team success scorecards and synthesize client business plans (created by Account Managers) into consolidated view for Senior Leadership, maintain presentations specific to our activities on behalf of each investment affiliate
- Financial Analysis: work with internal Finance teams and Global Strategic Relations team budget to determine relationship profitability and effective use of budgetary allocations
- 3-5 years of investment marketplace analytics or business consulting experience
- Strong communication and data visualization skills (e.g. familiarity with Tableau or other data visualization software)
- Bachelor’s degree (Business/Finance/Communications preferred, but not required with relevant work experience)
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.