Markets commercial real estate lending products and services to prospects and clients for the Investor Real Estate Group within Wealth Management. Focuses on families, individuals and closely held partnerships in the high net worth space. Services existing relationships and develops and cultivates relationship with new clients to enhance profitability of credit, deposit, investment and fiduciary services for the bank. Acts as key consultant to senior client contacts, negotiating credit arrangements, and opportunities for cross-sell. Provides counseling on calling preparation, products, and assessing client needs to less experienced staff.
Knowledge and Skills
In-depth knowledge of finance and commercial real estate lending underwriting acquired through prior lending at a financial services company are required to manage client relationships. Knowledge of applicable industry markets and usually acquired through prior lending experience or through completion of the lending program is required to evaluate credit risk. Highly skilled in negotiation, leadership, and sales are necessary to build and expand client relationships. This position must have demonstrated ability to acquire new relationships through an aggressive and sustained calling effort to centers of influence and other sources to generate new relationships for the bank. Community or industry involvement to access the centers of influence is desirable. The subject must have the demonstrated ability to underwrite complex commercial real estate loan transactions, provide loans secured by securities and underwrite complex business credit to closely held business enterprises. In addition to professional service industries the subject should have excellent general business lending skills to various industries. Subject should be knowledgeable about commercial real estate for the owner occupant or the investor.
- Formulates strategy to support division’s annual goals. Develops the marketing strategy for specific clients. Modifies plans and strategies for changes or insight into overall banking climate or specific industry characteristics.
- Counsels client on emerging issues, bank products/services, legal/regulatory changes, and general environment, translating the impact on client’s activities and banking services.
- Manages complex commercial banking credit and cash management client relationships or equipment lease client relationships, and identifies opportunities external to banking in the areas of investment and fiduciary
- Maintains and develops client relationships exploring opportunities to provide additional credit or non-credit services.
- Identifies product/service opportunities for other business units and participates in development of new solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, and brings in experts when appropriate.
- Acts as key consultant to client’s senior management, evaluation and implementation of financing strategies or structures and treasury management practices through creative ideas and problem solving.
- Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends to better identify and service clients.
- Responsible for structuring and negotiating complex loan and/or lease agreements according to guidelines established by senior bank and business unit management.
- Analyzes and negotiates the terms of loans, such as special pricing conditions, interest rates, swaps etc. according to guidelines set by the Credit Policy Committee. Oversees and negotiates the preparation of documentation necessary for the financing agreement.
- Identifies prospects and evaluates clients to ensure they are compatible with the bank’s marketing strategy. Initiates contact and documents for the purpose of retaining, developing, and fostering profitable business relationships.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the credit worthiness of clients and prospects which includes a written document and presentation to loan committee and credit policy to ensure a high quality loan portfolio, (i.e., KNOW YOUR CLIENT).
- Prepares proposals to address client needs and makes sales presentations.
- Responds to inquiries from clients and ensures resolution of service or operations problems. Documents call reports to maintain record of problem and resolution.
- Travels regularly to client locations.
- Recommends new services and products with an awareness of the impact decisions have on the organization.