Barilla is one of the leading Italian food groups, a leader in the markets for pasta worldwide, for ready-made sauces in Europe, for bakery products in Italy and for crisp breads in Scandinavia. For almost 140 years the Company has been run by a family that now has reached its fourth generation.
Barilla America, Inc., the U.S.-based division of The Barilla Group, Italy’s largest food producer, was launched in 1996. Just three years later, Barilla became the No. 1 brand of pasta in the United States. To achieve this milestone in such a short time is a testament to Barilla’s history of 140 years of excellence in food production, brand-building, product quality, and global consistency.
At Barilla, food production is guided by three essential principles: product quality, commitment to nutritionally balanced eating, and, of course, flavor, the unmistakable hallmark of the Barilla brand name. To maintain these standards, the Group engages in extensive research and development that helps us produce the best products, while always considering the concerns and needs of our customers. The Group also operates with respect for the environment and consumer health, and serves as a helpful, caring partner in the communities in which we operate.
Come learn from some of the best! Work alongside talented professionals to contribute to challenging, exciting and rewarding projects. Our 2018 Summer Internship Program provides real-world experience and an opportunity to build expertise and problem solving capabilities.
We offer a unique perspective into the world of food manufacturing with a maximum 12-week paid internship in our U.S. Marketing group in Northbrook, IL. As a key player on the Barilla U.S. Marketing team, the Brand Management Intern will be assigned a diverse breadth of projects focused on building strategic, creative and analytical skills. The internship will provide a unique mix of Brand Management and Shopper Marketing / Channel Execution exposure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Determine how Barilla can best compete/win within the initiative.
- Analyze consumer, competitor and industry trends.
- Work with third-party vendors to help develop strong base of knowledge.
- Develop marketing plans and messaging related to the initiative.
- Research business opportunity and impact for assigned project.
- Present final recommendation on how to best approach the opportunity.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Currently obtaining MBA with a concentration in Marketing or Marketing related
- 1-3 years of work experience in Consulting, Analytics, Marketing, Agency, Media, Finance, Not-for-profit, Public Relations, and/or Events preferred
- Work experience in CPG industry and/or Food a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Self-driven individual with ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Strong ability to work in teams and build good relationships high degree of personal integrity and work ethics
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Applicants can expect to hear back from us by January 2017. Thank you in advance for considering Barilla America as a potential employer.
Want more information on what it’s like to be a Barilla Intern? Check out this video testimonial of our past Interns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsvkCdk54Ok
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, gender identity, health status, multicultural difference, political ideas, and sexual orientation.