- Credit Assessment (30%)
- Decisions/Recommends Credit Applications (20%)
- Credit Risk Management (30%)
- Customer Retention/ Cross-Selling Bank Products (20%)
- Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing bank customers.
- Proven background in the review and analysis of complex financial statements and tax returns submitted by applicants and is capable of evaluating their ability to repay, and consultation of structure, collateral and ownership.
- Performs periodic reviews of credit where more frequent monitoring may be appropriate.
- May participate in on site customer visits with Relationship Manager
- Analyzes the financial condition of existing bank customers. Proven background in the review of highly complex financial statements and tax returns submitted by applicants and is capable of evaluating their ability to repay. Must also have a solid understanding of the various borrower types typical in the high-net worth market and their relation to collateral ownership, loan repayment, loan structure, etc.
- Interprets and evaluates consumer credit bureau reports, Dun & Bradstreet business reports and public records.
- Responsible for identifying trends in client activities which may be predictive of deteriorating credit quality.
- Responsible for decisioning any existing standard loans or lines that are systematically reviewed.
- Understands credit scoring and may work with abbreviated loan review matrix tools to aid in decisioning credit requests. Exhibits the ability to decision applications in a “grey/review area of scoring” and apply subjective criteria to render a decision within their authority level.
- Seeks alternative means of financing or counter offers for all borrowers when it is determined that the original request cannot be accommodated.
- Responsible for making accurate decisions in granting loan requests within specified limits, using understanding of credit scoring and risk management concepts.
- Responsible for monitoring covenants of clients within assigned portfolio to identify deteriorating credit conditions and compliance with loan agreement.
- Monitors high risk loans via established procedures, with transfers Special Assets Monitoring Unit as appropriate.
- Ensures that renewals are completed on a timely basis to avoid any administrative past dues.
- Ensures that annual loan renewals, reviews and monitoring are completed in a timely fashion to avoid any administrative past dues.
- Performs periodic reviews of credits where more frequent monitoring may be appropriate.
- Works with Relationship Manager to solve for situations where changes in structure, may be necessary due to borrower, market or industry changes.
- Maintain and promote a customer service environment, to include satisfying and exceeding customer needs and expectations
- Joint responsibility with Relationship Managers for enhancing the customer experience during annual renewal / review process by making it easy to do business with us
- Provide customer with advisory capabilities in credit related matters
- Increase share of wallet with customer by identifying cross-sell opportunities or enhance existing services by recommending, credit, deposit, cash management, etc.
- Seeks alternative means of financing or counteroffers for all borrowers when it is determined that modifications to loan structure and/or pricing are necessary due to changes in business and/or industry performance.
- Typically carries commercial approval authority up to $1 Million and unilateral authority up to $100,000.00
- Business Lending Center Team
- Concurrence / Risk Management
- Relationship Managers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Special Accounts Management Unit
- Direct customer interaction
- Performs in a dynamic production environment and meets unit productivity goals.
- Profitability – early detection of deteriorating credits to prevent loan losses.
- Loan size - typically greater than $500,000 and up to bank’s legal lending limit.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably in a business related field.
- Demonstrated knowledgeable of cash flow, credit and evaluating collateral.
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of previous Commercial Loan and underwriting experience in a financial services environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully structure complex credit requests that minimize risk while providing client value.
- Thorough knowledge of software being utilized to capture credit applications, proprietary scoring model, Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make sound transactional decisions to ensure policies and directives are met.
- Ability to make timely decisions in a fast paced, production environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively by adding value to Relationship Managers and Customers.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of personal performance and development.
- Demonstrates aptitude to interpret and evaluate consumer credit bureau reports, Dun & Bradstreet business reports and public records.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMOHarris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.