Schedule Details: The position requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed; work schedules are based on the needs of the operation. Typical work schedules average 20 - 25 hours per week.
Job Function and Responsibilities: The Cash Control Vault Counter/Cashier contributes to the success of the Chicago Zoological Society by ensuring necessary funds are transported to the bank in a timely fashion supporting the Society’s financial sustainability. Under supervision of the Senior Cashier, this position contributes to the Society’s financial sustainability by assisting full-time cashiers in the counting of funds generated by all Society operations in a timely and accurate manner.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Sort and verify cash in each money bag received the previous day from all retail stores, restaurants, and admissions.
- Band money for the day’s deposit.
- Wrap coins that have been received and counted for transport to the bank.
- Fill and verify money bags for daily distribution to all retail stores, restaurants, and admissions.
- Prepare bag list and money cart for next day’s distribution to appropriate locations by a Patrol Officer.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Chicago Zoological Society's Brookfield Zoo is known throughout the world as a leader in animal welfare and conservation but the institution is also Illinois' most popular cultural attraction.* Our beautiful park like setting has an amazing 216 acres of meticulously landscaped grounds, the Discovery Center and Pavilions provide indoor and outdoor event facilities, three major restaurants provide delicious food options and over 20 different animal exhibits demonstrates the Society's international reputation for taking a cutting-edge role in animal care and conservation of the natural world.
* Brookfield Zoo is the most popular cultural attraction in the state of Illinois that actively monitors its attendance.
The requirements include:
- High School graduate or equivalent combination of training/experience preferred.
- Accurate basic math skills required.
- Basic computer skills required including data entry experience.
- Must be able to deliver the highest level of customer service to internal customers and guests.
- Strong communications skills, including good listening skills.
- Must be reliable, attentive, courteous, and friendly.
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be cooperative, flexible, and helpful with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience.
Position Requirements and Specifications The requirements for the position include:
- Bookkeeping and cash handling experience desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook preferred.
- Experience with adding machine operations helpful.
- Multilingual ability, Spanish fluency a plus.
Additional Information: Incumbent must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Work schedules are based on the needs of the operation.
The work environment for this position is indoors with little to no exposure to outside light. Typical work schedules consist of an average of 20-25 hours per week. This requisition is for multiple openings with anticipated start dates in March 2017. Please continue to visit our website at czs.org/careers for similar and other opportunities.
The Chicago Zoological Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled.