Under direct supervision the Wealth Management Client Service Representative is responsible for supporting relationship management teams through processing various administrative and operational activities related to client investment, banking and fiduciary and advisory products. Primary activities may include establishing, maintaining and closing client accounts, addressing client inquiries, executing money movements, preparing and producing client materials and reports, as well as ensuring accurate and complete account and client records. Of critical importance is the Client Service Representative’s adherence to the required banking, investment and trust guidelines and procedures involved with requested activities. Position may be entry level with opportunity to develop professionally.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
1. Executes client account servicing activities as requested within appropriate time frames, including but not limited to the processing of wires and fund transfers, preparing required documentation, opening and closing accounts, meeting preparation, updating and maintenance of accurate and complete account records, imaging of documents, and researching of client issues.
2. Develops a strong understanding of required steps involved with each request, communicating with relationship management and operations teams as appropriate to obtain necessary information to properly execute the requested activity.
3. Addresses the requirements of each activity in a timely fashion and in strict adherence with Northern Trust and Wealth Management Risk Management and Compliance guidelines and procedures, promptly escalating any issues and/or concerns to management. Keeping abreast of new or existing products and services.
5. Develops a strong knowledge of the various business applications critical to client and account servicing, including on-line tools.
6. Where appropriate, strives to identify service efficiency and delivery enhancements, as well as process improvements including business development opportunities.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- 2-3 years’ experience in financial and/or client servicing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, banking operations, products and services usually acquired through related work experience is preferred in order to assist relationship management teams in processing clients’ servicing needs.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required to identify, research and/or resolve requests, as well as to manage conflicting priorities and workflow.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
Houston, Texas, United States | River Oaks Bldg-Houston, TX