As the Commercial Relationship Manager, you will be working with key stakeholders, such as technology management, business leaders, architects, sourcing managers, and finance, to understand and support day-to-day activities with vendors. The role is a key appointment and will be focused on leveraging operational level understanding and engagement with the vendor management team and leadership, providing support around vendor interaction, reliance, performance, and requirements to drive value from current and future vendor agreements.
This role will be directly responsible for Microsoft, Salesforce and SAP disciplines. You will be expected to collaborate with Technology Owners to understand all aspects of our estate. You will also work with our Sourcing organization to align our contract strategy to obtain the best commercial terms for Thomson Reuters.
A Commercial Relationship Manager must be able to negotiate and collaborate with vendors at many different levels. Excellent analytical qualities are required to monitoring and reviewing vendor’s operational performance. Vendor Managers must be good team players, working closely with internal colleagues to understand and meet their technical requirements and expectations of vendors.
Candidate Profile/ Skill-sets:
- Business and Financial Acumen: Analyze and communicate options and risks, including impact to business goals and financials.
- Communication: Written and verbal
- Contract: Ability to interpret contract language as well as offer options/draft recommendations.
- Critical thinking: Provide strategic insights around various dimensions of the vendor portfolio – including cost optimization, demand management, risk, and performance. Posses the ability to contain and solve issues quickly.
- Negotiation: Participate or lead deal team. Posses the ability to consult/advise executive sponsors on negotiation points.
- Relationship Management: Build a customer focused relationship with stakeholders. Manage conflict/issues in a productive way.
- Software Licensing: Understand license models, business impact, and tracking for compliance.
- Vendor Management: Manage vendor activity and business requirements through the full lifecycle; pre-deal to post deal management. Anticipate customer needs, proactively offer solutions and information.
- Collaborate with Technology Owners to understand all aspects of our Microsoft, Salesforce and SAP estate. Work with sourcing to align our contract strategy to obtain the best commercial terms for Thomson Reuters.
- Provide an overarching vendor strategy for the vendors such as Microsoft, Salesforce, and SAP.
- Develop market analysis and vendor strategies to meet business needs and extract maximum value from the vendor relationship/contract.
- Provide strategic insights around various dimensions of the vendor portfolio – including cost optimization, demand management, risk and performance
- Participate in deal team, assist and participate in negotiations, including meetings, evaluations and documentation.
- Operationalize vendor/supplier contracts into business processes.
- Establish governance to be applied, particularly during the contracting process
- Develop and execute a robust communications strategy to advise key stakeholders of the program status, including coordination of the agenda and reporting for the Executive Vendor Management Committee
- Effectively communicate a clear and concise contract overview (summary of key contract terms, risks, opportunities and service delivery guidelines) to key stakeholders, and provide clarity on contract terms as needed
- Support strategic maintenance renewals and new deals across Thomson Reuters
- Work closely with IT Asset Management to develop asset management practices and processes to ensure compliance to contract
- Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing technical support on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration.
- Work with our Finance team to develop and manage to annual expense budget.
- 5+ years combined experience in any of the following: IT, technology sourcing, vendor management, technology strategy, or IT related field
- Experience tailoring contract Terms &Conditions and/or managing compliance processes
- Prior experience with Microsoft, SAP and Salesforce is preferred
- Ability to interpret complex software license agreements, and identify & translate the risk/opportunities relative to Business /technical needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business, management, computer science, engineering, or related technical field) or equivalent in education and work experience.
- Possess sound business instincts and analytical capabilities that can be leveraged to generate logically sound conclusions regarding technology, contract, and communication strategies
- Strong skill set in gaining market place intelligence and communicating the commercial impact of such information back to internal decision makers for timely resolve
- Ability to build and maintain supplier relationships; supplier performance management
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America