The Compliance Analyst is responsible for assisting in implementing an effective compliance program to assure that the organization maintains the required level of compliance set forth by its regulatory agencies; Assures Compliance with the various Federal and State laws and regulations governing the conduct of the Bank's affairs while seeking to prevent any penalties, liabilities and any other punitive actions against the bank, its Directors or employees; Assists in enhancing effectiveness of Compliance Program by developing automated monitoring and testing to verify effectiveness of controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a competent level of expertise and knowledge of the requirements of the various laws, regulations and rulings governing the Bank's activities.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory updates through reading, classes, seminars, etc.
- Uses data analytics and statistical analyses to proactively identify potential gaps in controls and recommends corrective action. Communicates compliance deficiencies and potential problems to management and staff; coordinates with and provides assistance to management in developing and implementing corrective action to resolve identified problems.
Collects, verifies, analyzes and organizes CRA data.
- Completes assigned reporting for CRA, Fair Lending, UDAAP, Compliance and analytics in a timely matter.
- Verifies integrity of data used in CRA, Fair Lending, UDAAP and Compliance Reporting.
- Identifies automated ways to test disclosures to meet the needs of the Bank and comply with applicable consumer compliance laws, rules and regulations.
- Identifies automated ways to implement the compliance self-assessment programs to determine and maintain compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Reviews corrective action reports and identifies opportunities for the additional automated or system controls to assist in providing more automated controls
- Reviews proposed changes to and existing Bank policies and procedures relative to the compliance requirements of laws and regulations.
- Conducts Compliance Self Assessments.
- Prepares documents which provide an adequate level of support for the audit work performed, conclusions reached and compliance related issues.
Assists in Training Bank staff on compliance regulations as needed.
Exhibits superior time management skills (measured by deadlines and quality of progress and projects completed)
Maintains confidentiality of information and protects Bank sensitive information and materials.
Develops and maintains rapport will the staff and management in order to effectively obtain and communicate compliance information.
Volunteers for project work.
- Bachelor's Degree or one or more years of regulatory compliance and/or internal audit experience in a financial institution.
- CRCM Preferred
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Possess strong research, investigative and analytical skills.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to use specialized software including CRA Wiz and FFIEC supplied software.
- Familiarity with Data Analysis and Statistical Analysis is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with FIS system and reports is highly desirable.
- Occasional travel and/or weekend work may be required.
Wintrust Financial Corporation (Wintrust) is a financial services holding company based in Rosemont, Illinois, with assets above $25 billion. We engage in the business of providing traditional community banking services, commercial banking, wealth management services, commercial insurance premium financing, life insurance premium financing, mortgage origination, short-term accounts receivable financing, and certain administrative services, such as data processing of payrolls, billing and treasury management services. We provide community-oriented, personal and commercial banking services to customers located in the greater Chicago, Illinois and southern Wisconsin metropolitan areas through its 15 wholly owned banking subsidiaries.
We provide an engaging, dynamic work environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k, employee stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and more!
Wintrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.