Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for assisting to lead and manage some critical global supply chain management and procurement projects. Provides sourcing process expertise and analytics, helps lead the collection and analysis of data, and may lead pricing discussions & negotiations. Provides input in developing category sourcing strategies as well as manages the overall supplier relationship(s). Provides consulting for improvements of global policies, programs and processes.
1. Responsible for assistance to lead and manage some critical global supply chain management and procurement projects.
2. Provides sourcing process expertise and analytics, helps lead the collection and analysis of data, and may lead pricing discussions & negotiations.
3. Provides input in developing category sourcing strategies as well as manages the overall supplier relationship(s).
4. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
5. Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other employees.
6. Works on projects and learning project management skills.
Requires a Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Finance or relevant proven work experience and strong leadership that provides knowledge and skills in Sourcing or Procurement related.
Has good working knowledge and understanding of the supply chain management and procurement.
Demonstrates experience in sourcing for indirect categories (e.g. IT).
Good analytical, sourcing, negotiation and communication skills.
Technically adept with basic application software; proficient in MS Office Suites with advanced Excel skills.
Experience with ERP system/ Peoplesoft.
Demonstrates success in time management; Strong project management skills, attention to detail; thorough and organized.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$131 billion in banking assets
$7.8 trillion in assets under custody
$9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$1.1 trillion in assets under management