|Job Title||Contracts Administrator|
|Business Segment||Parks & Resorts|
|Posting Category||Theme Parks|
|About Us||Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?|
|Responsibilities|| Responsible for the issuance of request for proposals (RFPs), invitation for bid (IFB's) and contract documents for all facility construction, architectural & engineering (A&E) design, consultant agreements and creative works. Assist with negotiation of terms and conditions of each type of contract and change orders with bidders/consultants/contractors/vendors. Ensure consistent contractual company policies and procedures are followed by team. Assist project team with contract dispute and internal control compliance to ensure integrity of partnership transactions. Work in conjunction with Legal, Risk Management, Finance, and Finance departments.
• Assists with pre-qualification of bidders, and securing of confidentiality agreements. Compiles and issues all requests for proposals (RFPs), invitation for bid (IFBs) for approvals and then issuance to bidders. Includes preparation and issuance of addenda to bidders.
• Receives and records proposals. Assists project team with bidder review and selection of successful bidder. Prepares appropriate contract form, including all addenda items, and assist with negotiation of Terms & Conditions in a form consistent with partnership policies and procedures.
• Assists with preparation of the Contract/Commitment Request (CCR), milestone schedule, payment schedule and other contract related documents. Receives and verifies insurance coverage. Prepares Letters of Authorization or Notice to Proceed Issue. Coordinates with successful bidder for execution of final contract.
• Attends weekly/monthly project (construction, etc.) meetings. Assists with preparation of CCR, design/field directives, directive settlement forms and monitoring of related informational logs. Prepares and issues contract change orders based on directive settlements. Issues Contract Status Reports. Maintains contract files, document control, and retention of files. Monitors notice to owners and coordinate lien activities as needed. Project liaison with Legal, Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, and Finance Departments.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Prepares and issues close out documentation. Assists with claims administration. Ensures compliance of contractual obligations and that partnership policies and procedures/internal controls are followed in all transaction related to this role.
• Other duties may be assigned.
|Qualifications/Requirements|| • 3-5 Years: Contract/procurement experience with an emphasis in service manufacturing and/or commercial facility construction environments required.
• Prior experience drafting, negotiating and monitoring contracts.
|Desired Characteristics|| • 1-3 Years: Theme parks contracts experience,
• Volume transactions, and fast track project driven environment experience preferred.
• Contractual ride and show experience.
• Contractual construction environment experience.
• Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
• Education and/or experience: B.A. degree in Business Management, Engineering, or a related field.