Under supervision, this position is responsible for working on the phone all day in a call center to assist members and physicians by responding to telephone and written inquiries in a prompt, accurate and objective manner. Duties include: conducting research; spends approximately 90 of the scheduled time on the phone according to business need.
* High school diploma OR GED.
* 6 months customer service experience OR 6 months experience in an office environment.
* Data entry and/or typing experience.
* Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical and organizational skills and independent decision making skills.
* Ability to spend approximately 90 of the scheduled time on the phone according to business needs and sit for long periods of time with scheduled breaks.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* 9 months customer service experience.
* Experience working with various lines of business, i.e. CDHP, Medicare, Wellness, and Disease Management.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
* Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
* Referral preference given to applicants able to take and meet testing criteria.
You could be asked to take an OnDemand digital video interview using HireVue. An email containing instructions would be sent to you.
Location: TX - Abilene
Activation Date: Monday, November 20, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 17, 2018
BlueCross and BlueShield