Under supervision, this position is responsible for working on the phone all day in a call center to assist members and physicians by responding to telephone and written inquiries in a prompt, accurate and objective manner. Duties include: conducting research; spends approximately 90% of the scheduled time on the phone according to business need.
* High school diploma OR GED.
* 6 months customer service experience OR 6 months experience in an office environment.
* Data entry and/or typing experience.
* Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical and organizational skills and independent decision making skills.
* Ability to spend approximately 90% of the scheduled time on the phone according to business needs and sit for long periods of time with scheduled breaks.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* 9 months customer service experience.
* Experience working with various lines of business, i.e. CDHP, Medicare, Wellness, and Disease Management.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
* Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
* Referral preference given to applicants able to take and meet testing criteria.
Location: TX - San Angelo
Activation Date: Thursday, December 21, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 27, 2018
BlueCross and BlueShield