Your Impact at FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters
This role will leverage your strategic thinking, creativity, editorial skills, digital media fluency, and leadership ability to guide a highly capable team in the development and delivery of compelling experiences that make justice more accessible to all. You’ll play a lead role in crafting compelling content that provides the millions of consumers that visit FindLaw’s family of properties with the information and resources they need to meet their legal challenges. You’ll also help law firms by providing a rich set of free legal resources to improve their practice of law and powerful advertising and marketing solutions that connect them with the consumers they are most qualified to assist.
- Using FindLaw’s family of website brands as the platform (FindLaw.com, Lawinfo.com, Abogado.com, SuperLawyers.com), inspire best-in-class content and website experiences that address the needs of both the legal consumer and legal professional audiences.
- Work closely with insights and analytics teams to understand key audiences, formulate content strategy and tactics, set content goals, and measure effectiveness of programs against target KPIs.
- Advise and collaborate with the Managing Editor, Proprietary Sites to develop, monitor, adapt, and execute annual content strategies across proprietary site portfolio.
- Manage teams focused on content development, social media, and the delivery functionality/experiences across FindLaw’s family of websites.
- Collaborate with internal teams including Digital Marketing, Technology, Analytics, and Product Management to align on strategy and tactics, define priorities, share site performance and outline improvement opportunities and plans.
- Explore new technologies, functionality, and platforms as they relate to user engagement and the delivery of compelling experiences across FindLaw’s family of properties.
- Identify, define, prioritize, and lead execution of expanded experiences and functionality that drive audience growth and engagement.
- Initiate periodic competitive analysis of other sites to determine if analysis results should drive site change.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement.
- 8+ years’ experience in content creation for online experiences, website, and other digital media
- 3+ years of management experience
- Proven experience writing and directing content creators in development of topical, evergreen and campaign-based content
- Demonstrated business acumen in budgeting, resourcing and managing projects
- Deep understanding of current and future digital trends across platforms
- An understanding of emerging content and social technologies along with an ability to make decisions to maximize the impact of those technologies
- Solid background in UX, SEO, SEM, and social media principles and methodologies
- Analytical and data driven; working knowledge and experience with digital analytical packages
- Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in relevantpreference in related field (e.g., Journalism, English, Communications, User Experience)
- Advanced degree preferred, particularly JD
FindLaw is the leading provider of business development solutions for law firms and home to the largest online destination for people with legal needs (www.findlaw.com). Our integrated marketing solutions help law firms grow their practice through strategic marketing approaches that drive results. The growth and success of our business is the direct result of our diverse teams of talent that are creative, dynamic, and just plain knowledgeable. We recruit and retain the best professionals from across the country that bring an array of expertise to the table, including legal experts, tech talents, marketing wizards, data geeks, and digital strategists.
Our benefits package includes all the usual suspects: medical, dental, retirement savings, paid time off, etc. In addition, people grow here. We’ve worked hard to make this a great place for our people to contribute so they can grow and help us grow. As part of the global Thomson Reuters family, employees benefit from unlimited career development opportunities to help them on their professional path of success.
This part is about you. Are you a motivated professional who has a natural bias towards action? Are you a natural collaborator who knows how to advocate for your position yet respects the value of different perspectives? Do you know your stuff and still want to learn even more? Do you understand that being competitive means being flexible and knowing that change can be fun? Do you care about culture and understand that you play a role in shaping it? Most importantly, do you find yourself nodding “yes,” as you read this job description? If so, you should work at FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Sunnyvale-California-United States of America