For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
December 31, 2016, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $124 billion in banking assets
• $6.7 trillion in assets under custody
• $8.5 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $942 billion in assets under management
Responsible for managing operations strategy for the Wealth Management National Investment Practice, providing leadership and guidance to the team. Overall accountability for the operations and administration of key strategic initiatives, including expansion into new products and services.
1. Oversees, plans and directs the activities for WM Investment Operations, ensuring that business objectives are being met.
2. Develops, implements and communicates an overall strategy to meet the Practice’s, Business Unit's and Corporation's strategic plan. Ensures alignment between strategy and operations and directs relevant business activities toward accomplishing goals
3. Assumes joint accountability for managing capital and expense budgets related to operational initiatives, liaising cross-functionally to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
4. Leads the development and ongoing management of Alternatives Asset Platform, including serving as liaison to external providers and working with internal teams to support growth in the effort.
5. Understands, analyzes and benchmarks operational infrastructure relative to peers to ensure consistency and/or industry best practices based on quality and/or efficiency.
6. Collaborates with PMO to ensure effective prioritization and delivery of critical initiatives underway
7. Provides leadership and guidance to teams within the Investment Practice, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
8. Engages with Central Servicing Teams and Managed Accounts Group to ensure Investment Partners are effectively and efficiently supported
9. Promotes consistency in operational execution of investment practices throughout the field
10. Develops and over sees operations dashboard to monitor performance and manages PM dashboard and other tools/enhancements to measure execution of strategic priorities by the field
11. Contributes to the development of product strategy and the interface between product and operations.
• 10 relevant work experience in investment operations for a financial services firm is required.
• 10 years management experience required
• Proven leadership and organizational skills to manage across disciplines required
• Strong investment operations and asset management or wealth management experiences preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Experience of business strategy development to provide long term planning preferred.
• Advanced Degree and or related Industry qualification is preferred.