Position Summary: The Housekeeping inspector is responsible for the housekeeping staff and inspecting their work on a daily basis, to ensure guest rooms are ready and clean in a timely fashion while ensuring brand standards are maintained.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inspect all rooms assigned to room attendants on a daily basis, using a standard checklist for details.
- Notify room attendants of any deficiencies found in the room and note on their board. Follow up to re-inspect for correction.
- Prepare daily room assignments in absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
- Report any maintenance repairs immediately to Engineering.
- Coordinate with Front Office regarding information about discrepant rooms. Physically check discrepancies to ascertain status.
- Clean rooms and help others as needed.
- Inspect room attendants carts/boards at the end of each shift.
- Maintain deep cleaning/rotating cleaning checklist to ensure daily tasks are met.
- Receive keys and assigned rooms return at the end of each shift.
- Respond to guest requests and report guest issues.
- Report any items in need of repair.
- Follow proper lost and found procedures for items left behind in a guest room.
- Perform their work in a safe manner.
- Adhere to hotel uniform and grooming standards.
Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Education: No formal education required.
Experience: No previous experience necessary. Previous housekeeping experience desirable.
Hours required: Scheduled days and time vary based on hotel needs. Must be able to work weekends.
Ability to communicate with guests.
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Ability to provide friendly guest service with a smile.
Ability to lift, pull and push moderate weight (minimum of 20 lbs)
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
Drug Free workplace
Property: Hyatt Place Boca Raton (Boca’s First Downtown Hotel Entering Construction)
Hotel Brand/Office Type: Kolter Hospitality
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Boca Raton
Req ID: 1113345