Are you looking to be part of a dynamic Human Resources team within a fast-paced, global company? Are you interested in managing multiple projects to gain insight into a variety of areas in Human Resources? Are you eager to help make an impact on people-related initiatives that ultimately drive the success of our talent and our business?
Join us at Thomson Reuters!
Our Legal division is excited to hire a HR Intern to provide project coordination support for various HR & Talent Acquisition teams located in Eagan, MN. The intern will have an opportunity to collaborate with the broader Thomson Reuters HR community and other interns within the business. This is a 40-hour per week role in the summer with the potential to go part-time during the academic year.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Partner on the execution of our 2018 Eagan On-Campus Internship Program inclusive of event support, communications, engagement and survey reporting. Recommend creative ways to increase engagement across the intern population.
- Support HR and recruitment projects from a project/event coordination, communication and implementation perspective. May include researching external best practices and identification of recommendations. This includes coordinating with multiple individuals across the organization while adhering to project deadlines.
- Analyze monthly talent-related data to help inform leaders with insights that can aid in better decision making related to performance, diversity, workforce planning and employee retention.
- Provide support for various HR initiatives as assigned. Be willing to help out wherever needed to ensure success across the teams. Help identify opportunities to enhance our programs and processes across the Legal Business Unit.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field (graduation date of 2019 or 2020 preferred)
- Prior experience in a corporate setting preferred
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Must be able to quickly learn new software applications
- Strong project / event management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to work with large amounts of data
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive business/talent information
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America