Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a CNS Biology Intern in our San Diego location office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Culture and maintain IPSC-derived neuronal cells.
- Cell transfection.
- Freeze, thaw and expand human cells.
- Perform data analysis and present results when necessary.
- Keep an accurate, comprehensive and concise lab notebook.
- Communicate with colleagues effectively
- Create and manage a cell repository database.
- Duties may include RNA or protein expression analysis of targets using qPCR, NGS, western-blotting and immunofluorescence microscopy.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Undergraduate student in good academic standing with a focus in biology, neuroscience or a related biological science field.
Applicants must be highly motivated, self-starters with excellent oral and written communication.
Candidate should have a strong interest and understanding of CNS, stem cells, regenerative medicine.
Applicants must be willing to work with human tissues, cells, and fluids.
Previous experience with standard sterile tissue culture and cell biology techniques required for the routine handling and maintenance of human cells and stem cells is required. Previous experience with each of the following is highly desirable but not required: RNA preparation/sequencing, qPCR and immunofluorescence microscopy.
Expected hours: 10-20 hours while school is in session; up to 40 hours a week during school breaks.
Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.