Subsurface internships provide opportunities to learn and apply engineering principles and are utilized to evaluate the candidates' potential as possible future, full-time employees. Job performance will be reviewed periodically throughout and appraised at the end of the internships.
Successful candidates will receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments using the technical skills acquired in college. The work will develop the interns both technically and professionally, and could involve personal interaction with various technology groups and business units. A mentor, usually a more senior employee, will be assigned to each intern.
Typical subsurface projects may include work on improved recovery process, reservoir characterization, data analytics and reservoir management technologies and could involve numerical and physical experimentation, algorithm, workflow and software tool development.
Assignments will be in Houston, Texas. The length of our internships varies from 10 to 14 weeks based on the project and your availability.
At ConocoPhillips innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. We are the world’s largest independent Exploration and Production company and we don’t hire just the GPA, we hire the person who earned it.
We strive to represent and reflect the global communities in which we live and work. To deliver superior performance, we create an inclusive environment that respects the contributions and differences of every individual. We believe that diverse opinions, ideas and perspectives are what fuels innovation throughout our company, and we all play a role in giving our company a competitive business advantage.
Subsurface – Reservoir Engineering Services
ConocoPhillips is known worldwide for its technological expertise in exploration and production, reservoir management and exploitation and 3-D seismic technology. ConocoPhillips Subsurface organization provides leading-edge technology and integrated solutions to support the Company's businesses and to create new businesses. We seek highly motivated, top performing individuals with advanced degrees who want to apply their skills to solve problems in a team-oriented organization.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Pursuing a Master’s degree or higher in Petroleum, Chemical, Computer, Mechanical or other Engineering disciplines, Applied Science or Computer Science
- A minimum of ten (10) continuous weeks availability for internship
- Current level in college: Graduate Student
- Expected graduation date: Winter 2018 or later
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internships or co-op's in an energy related field
- Ability to use data and database management software
- Experience with predictive modeling and data analytics
- Grasp of programing languages (i.e. Python, R, Bash)
- Experience with uncertainty quantification, assisted history matching & optimization
- Ability to invite dialogue to gain a shared understanding and influences with confidence to drive performance and achieve business results
- Ability to generate effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Develop strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals
To apply for this position and be considered for an interview, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the entire application process
- Attach an electronic copy of your resume
- Attach an electronic copy of your unofficial transcript
- Answer all questions associated with the application
- Provide your e-signature
- If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus, you must also register for an interview through your university or college career services
ConocoPhillips will conduct on-site interviews at many universities in the U.S. during Spring of 2018. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus, you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these on-site interviews. If we are not making a site visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to make arrangements.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 31, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.