As a Lead Software Engineer in Reporting and Analytics, you will have an opportunity to lead all phases of solution development/enhancement in support of the Thomson Reuters Corporate Finance organization.
A successful candidate will have exceptional technical skills, strong analytical skills, excellent problem solving skills, an understanding of web server/database architecture, the ability to effectively lead a team, work in a team as well as work alone, and the ability to directly interface with end-users to solve business problems.
The ideal candidate will effectively:
- Lead a team of two senior software engineers plus technical leadership oversight for web and desktop applications
- Set technical direction, architecture guidelines, develop coding standards, security protocols and maintain overall responsibility of technical systems in line with Thomson Reuters technical standards
- End-to-end responsibility for solutions
- Develop robust test plans and perform system testing and application debugging
- Deliver solutions to meet customer needs
- Provide end user support
- Maintain and enhance existing in-house revenue management and implementation systems (.NET/SQL Server)
- Maintain and enhance contract management application (Salesforce.com solution)
- Lead code reviews to enforce code standards and provide constructive feedback to developers
- Manage code and changes in a team environment including experience with source/version control utilities
- Facilitate, gather and document business user requirements for development projects
- Lead design discussions in addition to hands-on development
- Provide technology solutions to support analysis and reporting efficiency projects
- Support and develop Finance intranet websites and Financial Systems applications
- Actively seek out new technologies and ideas to add value to our products
- Suggest technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems
- Ability to lead a team and develop and apply standards
- Ability to interact with end users from requirements gathering through deployment and training
- Microsoft development experience required (.NET, ASP, VB, VBA, Office Automation, IIS, Visual Studio)
- Database development experience (Access, SQL Server, SSIS)
- AWS – administration, storage, load balancing, encryption
- Strong SQL skills (SQL Server, Oracle SQL, MySQL SQL and Stored Procedures)
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com (APEX, System Administration and Workflow Management)
- BS degree in MIS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years managing a team of developers
- 8+ years overall software engineering experience
- 4+ years Microsoft development experience required (.NET, ASP, VB, VBA, Office Automation, IIS, Visual Studio)
- 4+ years of database development experience (Access, SQL Server, SSIS)
- Creative problem solving, troubleshooting skills and critical thinking
- Ability to lead and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate and work directly with business users
- Strong communication skills
- Business Objects or similar query tool experience a plus
- Finance experience/exposure a plusAPTTUS contract management experience a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America