FindLaw (www.findlaw.com), a Thomson Reuters (TR) business, is the world’s leading provider of online legal information and solutions for the legal community, businesses and individuals. We’re looking to add a Lead Software Test Engineer / Onsite QA Lead to the technology organization. This person will be a leader within the software quality testing group and partner with our global QA team to deliver high-quality FindLaw applications and products.
A great Lead Software Test Engineer will provide leadership for the planning, integration, scripting, and execution of all testing required by a software project or program, while also helping to drive and leverage QA best practices. In this critical role, you will partner with architects, QA team members, development teams, technology and business partners across all three FindLaw locations to collaborate on delivering high quality products that meet current and future customer needs.
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Lead all test planning, test case automation and execution of test cases required of a software development project or program.
- Automate smoke and regression test cases using Selenium , and other web-based tools.
- Execute testing, and develop test plan documentation required to ensure delivery of high-quality Findlaw products.
- Define and contribute to QA best practices and standards to be leveraged within Findlaw.
- Work on projects of varying complexity including large and complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical disciplines.
- Identify risk, create mitigation plan, communicate plan, and develop and implement escalation process.
- Make recommendation for process improvements for self, team, or group and communicate to Manager.
- Coach and provide technical leadership to more junior QA team members.
- Direct test activities of a small team of testers, accountable for quality of deliverables produced by members of the team.
- Bring a curious mindset, striving to learn something new every day, while focused on delivering innovative solutions to our organization.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Software testing and/or software development experience working with various technologies such as: Selenium, Java/J2EE, HTML, VB Script, relational databases, XML, web services, link crawling technologies.
- Experience writing test automation scripts.
- Working knowledge of automation frameworks (Key word driven/Data Driven/Hybrid etc).
- Experience in test planning and test case development.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC).
- Experience working across multiple geographic locations and cultures.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with the software tools and techniques used in software development and automated testing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and build solid relationships with team members.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead automation initiatives within a small QA team.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to get work done through others.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to present ideas and document artifacts to business, technology and executive audiences.
- Solid knowledge of formal software engineering methodologies, software development tools, unit testing, code management tools, and design tools.
- Proactive team player with the ability to work in a globally dynamic environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, computer science degree preferred.
- 7+ years of software testing and/or software development experience
- 2+ years of experience automating tests
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America