Barilla is one of the leading Italian food groups, a leader in the markets for pasta worldwide, for ready-made sauces in Europe, for bakery products in Italy and for crisp breads in Scandinavia. For almost 140 years the Company has been run by a family that now has reached its fourth generation.
Barilla America, Inc., the U.S.-based division of The Barilla Group, Italy’s largest food producer, was launched in 1996. Just three years later, Barilla became the No. 1 brand of pasta in the United States. To achieve this milestone in such a short time is a testament to Barilla’s history of 140 years of excellence in food production, brand-building, product quality, and global consistency.
At Barilla, food production is guided by three essential principles: product quality, commitment to nutritionally balanced eating, and, of course, flavor, the unmistakable hallmark of the Barilla brand name. To maintain these standards, the Group engages in extensive research and development that helps us produce the best products, while always considering the concerns and needs of our customers. The Group also operates with respect for the environment and consumer health, and serves as a helpful, caring partner in the communities in which we operate.
Come learn from some of the best! Work alongside talented professionals to contribute to challenging, exciting and rewarding projects. Our 2018 Summer Internship Program provides real-world experience and an opportunity to build expertise and problem solving capabilities.
We offer a unique perspective into the world of food manufacturing with a maximum 12-week paid internship in our U.S. Marketing group in Northbrook, IL. As a key player on the Barilla U.S. Consumer Engagement team, the Marketing Analytics Intern will interpret social media analytics in order to identify new content opportunities for promotion to targeted consumers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interpret traditional data and social media data against consumer topics and keywords using social aggregation tools
- Analyze and share actionable insights with Marketing team to inform planned and real-time content
- Collaborate with Public Relations team on digital and social elements of event marketing, influencer outreach and other activities
- Analyze content performance and makes data-driven recommendations
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Completed Junior year of college with a concentration in Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Marketing, Statistics, Business Administration, or Business Analytics
- Experience using popular social media monitoring tools (Sprinklr, Crimson Hexagon, Wall.io, Google Trends, Radian 6, Twitter Search, etc.) and popular social media management tools (TweetDeck, HootSuite, etc.)
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends, HitWise, etc.)
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Self-driven individual with ability to work independently
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Strong ability to work in teams and build good relationships high degree of personal integrity and work ethics
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Applicants can expect to hear back from us by December 2017.Thank you in advance for considering Barilla America as a potential employer.
Want more information on what it’s like to be a Barilla Intern? Check out this video testimonial of our past Interns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsvkCdk54Ok
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, gender identity, health status, multicultural difference, political ideas, and sexual orientation.