Northern Trust Limerick was opened in March 2007 and is now the leading fund administrator in the region. The Limerick offices employ almost 1000 staff in a variety of functions, with plans to continue this expansion in the foreseeable future. We seek individuals who impress with excellence in execution, think innovatively and provide client focused solutions.
We offer a highly positive working environment with exciting career prospects. Our culture is a key reason our employees enjoy working at Northern Trust. We have strong principles, a diverse organization, a prestigious history, and a commitment to solid and steady growth. We embrace industry-leading ideas and value our people above all. We are approachable, friendly, and exceptionally committed our clients and employees.
Throughout 2017, we will recruit for candidates for a new Investment Risk and Analytical Services team in the Limerick office. Northern Trust began offering performance measurement and analytical services in 1977, and we were the first custodian bank to offer a comprehensive performance product capable of integrating US and non-US assets. Today, we provide services worldwide to more than 800 institutional clients (50,000 portfolios), accounting for more than US$4 Trillion in assets under measurement. Within the EMEA region, we provide performance, risk and compliance monitoring services to over 200 clients covering Plan Sponsors, Charitable and Government Organisations, Wealth clients and Investment Managers
The available roles will be in Investment Compliance and we have openings at all levels.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- To support the production of the regular timetabled compliance reporting outputs and to support the Compliance needs of the clients who take this service from NT.
- Investigate daily breach monitoring
- Answer client queries
- Create guideline reviews
- Attend client meetings
- Ensure rule set-up in system for new mandate implementations
- Produce monthly reports
- Data inputs into Compliance system to enable monitoring where required
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely detail oriented with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with investment manager guidelines and language used in investment manager agreements.
- Knowledge of financial markets, investment instruments and portfolio management strategies.
- Knowledge of fixed income and derivatives asset classes would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with various investment styles, asset classes, strategies for achieving performance goals, benchmarks, and investment related terminology.
- Interest in researching topics, such as substantial shareholder limits and other topics related to our clients’ investment requirements for their global investments.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $126 billion in banking assets
- $7.4 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.0 trillion in assets under management