Date: Jan 11, 2018
Location: LAKE FOREST, IL, US, 600455202
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Inventory Systems Planning Analyst will be responsible for the daily execution and continuous improvement of select system functionality, and will partner with Enterprise Systems and SAP to communicate business requirements and aid in determining systems options.
The Inventory Systems team also administers the current stocking policies and ensures the timely and accurate delivery of inventory plan updates, manages all systems updates and access permissions, administers the simulation system, and supports continuous improvement goals to pursue process improvements and ensures proper documentation of systems procedures. The Inventory Systems Planning Analyst will be tasked with specific activities ensuring the successful execution of corporate policies and in supporting business processes.
An Inventory Systems Planning Analyst will be accountable for the daily execution of specific business policies and procedures, as assigned, within the following areas:
- Demand Capture
- Manage Demand
- EOQ/Safety Stock
Based on the specific assigned process ownership, the analyst will:
- Ensure that lost demand is correctly accounted for in the demand history.
- Maintain item level data and categorization of items as eligible for stocking/non-stocking product for the business.
- Execute the process to transition items between stock and non-stock positions.
- Ensure discretionary inventory investments are properly recorded and maintained.
- Collect demand history, ensure it is aggregated and filtered to enable effective forecasting.
- Keep current all values for Economic Order Quantities and Inbound Multiples.
- Generate all systems recommendations for stock level changes for network.
- Screen and manage demand records and manage item deployment processes.
In addition, the Inventory Systems Planning Analyst will:
- Perform system maintenance and maintain master data within planning areas and processes, as needed.
- Review and analyzes planning data to prepare reports for management review.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as needed.
- Meet regularly with ES partners to discuss business requirements, system needs, and system health.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Mgmt, Business, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- 2 to 3 years experience in related field, a plus
- Strong analytic fundamentals, proficiency in analyzing large data sets
- Understanding of key financial, customer service and supply chain metrics
- Project management, continuous improvement, and experience working with cross-functional partners a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; requires knowledge of downloading and uploading information via mainframe and PC systems
- Proficiency in SPSS, a plus
Working knowledge of SAP Supply Chain Suite, particularly Advance Planning & Optimization or Service Parts Planning, a plus
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Inventory, ERP, Mainframe, Supply, Technology, Operations