Barilla America is seeking its next Plant Environmental Health & Safety Professional to be part of its Supply Chain Team based in Avon, New York. This professional will report directly to the Plant Director and, as an individual contributor, has no direct reports.
Job Purpose: The Plant HS&E Professional is primarily responsible for promoting the safety culture and leading all safety and environmental programs for our Avon plant.
- Lead the plant safety committee bi-monthly meetings and follow up activities
- Serve as Food Defense Leader for the Avon facility.
- Review all incident investigations and ensure all necessary follow-up is completed.
- Implement and lead behavior based safety programs
- Lead lock-out/tag-out programs and audit for compliance with adherence and documentation.
- Perform work comp case management; determine recordability and necessary interventions for improvement.
- Lead and develop safety recognition and celebration activities.
- Manage all OSHA required training and programs
- Lead and track the safety observation program.
- Ensure all annual required safety training is completed by 100% of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all quarterly and annual safety inspection programs
- Conduct and continually enhance safety on-boarding/orientation.
- Ensure communications and training of emergency evacuation.
- Ensure emergency response team has required annual training
- Conduct and follow-up on ergonomic analysis and lead program implementation.
- Coordinate hearing conservation program and ensure noise surveys are completed.
- Lead internal safety review process between plants
- Ensure all PPE is ordered and stocked in the facility
- Conduct internal environmental audits
- Work closely with environmental consultants on all permitting
- Track all required emission data
- Prepare plant for ISO 14001 certification
- Comply with the environmental policies and procedures at Barilla Avon facility including energy efficiency, reduce – re-use – recycle goals, reporting requirements and sustainable initiatives. Complete any environmental tasks as assigned and report environmental concerns immediately.
- Follows ISO22000 policies and procedures, address / communicate quality and food safety issues as they occur.
- Lead Green team and Safety team
- A Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety or related field or equivalent level of experience (5-7 years) in safety and environmental experience at a plant facility.
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA regulations required.
- Workers compensation injury management experience and exposure to ISO 14001 a plus
- Experience in an ISO environment preferred
This position will spend 50% of time climate controlled offices and 50% of time on the production floor. This entails working in an environment of temperatures up to and exceeding 130° F, high humidity and 85-94 dB noise levels.
Full Relocation assistance available
We are unable to offer sponsorship assistance at this time