|Business Segment||Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations|
|Sub-Business||NBCUOTS - TLM KTLM|
|Posting Category||TV Content & Production|
|About Us||NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.|
|Responsibilities|| - Responsible for overall production of the news of the day, special coverage,
in depth stories and other news-related content of each newscast.
- Responsible for being a key communicator in the newsroom- talking with
each team member who will participate or provide content for that newscast
(i.e. Assignment Editor, anchors, VJ’s and production crews).
- Understand newscast mission, station priorities and be familiar with all the
- Must select stories, understand all the elements and design a newscast that
achieves the daily goal.
- Knowledgeable on daily news events, keep up with current events, be
awareness of past news events and know what is news in the Denver market.
- Execute Live Shots and Satellite Remotes during live newscasts by keeping a
good communication with the crew in the field.
- Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases and
- Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy and have good time
- Coordinate and plan future community and social story development.
- Work with Video Journalists to improve story and presentation.
- Editing skills to edit video clips.
- Write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines and topicals for TV and
- Work closely with producers, Executive Producer and News Director on
story/sweeps planning and coordination.
- Assign reporters and anchors as needed.
- Contribute story ideas; participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial
- Work directly with talent articulating angle of story, length and video.
- Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and take risks for the team
and be a team player.
- Complete discrepancy reports with detail and accuracy to help prevent future
- Understand and follow all Telemundo News standards and ethics.
- Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of
the news team.
- Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
- Produce news stories and specials as assigned.
- Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed.
- Copy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy.
- Work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking
- Field produces stories for the on-air newscast and other news content
|Qualifications/Requirements|| • Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to
speak, read and understand English.
• 2 to 4 years as News Producer experience.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to
handle intense deadline pressure.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the McAllen, Texas area and travel as needed for special
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and
weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news
coverage when necessary.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
|Desired Characteristics|| Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day – come up with story
ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer driven content to
enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift,
eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem
arises, address it immediately. Follow up problems with those involved and a
• Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast, use the Telemundo arsenal
of tools and equipment to provide the most current information that is
geographically diverse and maximizes viewer benefits.
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• High competitive nature.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.