Release Train Engineer (RTE)
More US corporations and global accounting firms rely on Thomson Reuters’ ONESOURCE software to manage their US tax compliance obligations than on any other alternative. We constantly seek to extend our market leadership by building the next generation of tax and accounting software. If you are a talented, results oriented and creative release engineer, this might be the career opportunity you’ve been seeking.
You’ll have a key role working alongside other managers, product owners, engineers, architects and analysts. You have top-notch communication and interpersonal skills. While you are a passionate technologist and project leader, you also enjoy helping teams reach consensus on strategies and road-maps.
- Thinking in terms of computing at scale. You help construct secure, fault-tolerant, high-performance and scalable systems.
- Agile, collaborative and flexible. We are organized around self-directed, largely autonomous Scrum teams. You work well with others, enjoy opportunities to collaborate and readily adapt as strategies evolve and priorities change.
All about you - Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Strong experience in governance, delivery and management of release trains
- Drive the process, cadence and ceremonies across Release Planning, Release Team Meetings, and Program Increments
- Comprehensive knowledge of communication planning, risk management and risk mitigation strategies
- Strong proponent and practitioner of continuous improvement techniques including automation and self-service tools across releases
- Experience in project management, Agile/Lean software development/delivery is a key requirement
- Experience with methodologies to support frequent releases and DevOps culture, including self-service builds, release communication, test planning and transparent reporting capabilities
- Hands on experience in TFS, JIRA, MS Project, Visio and/or other ALM and PM tools
- Strong experience in Agile metrics, building information radiators
- SPC certification is optional but will be a plus.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in a closely related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America