Date: Dec 29, 2017
Location: LAKE FOREST, IL, US, 600455202
Individual contributor that supports information security incidents end-to-end, provides advanced troubleshooting of problems with security technologies. This person will use process documentation that may have been created or customized by the analyst. Executes on complex changes
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the security team in protecting the integrity and confidentiality of Grainger information assets while enabling business functionality in all systems and environments by supporting applicable security solutions. Assist in security project implementation for testing, monitoring and reporting purposes
• Support legacy and third party security solutions/tools with remote support providers and integration techniques.
• Evaluate and escalate events and incidents to the Security Administration and Engineering teams based on established escalation procedures.
• Provide real-time monitoring and timely response to alerts and anomalies generated by security tools
• Execute changes in security access systems based on results from analysis received from Risk & Compliance, Internal Audit, External Audit, and other functions as deemed appropriate
• Supports departmental and corporate goals by meeting key performance indicators and defined metrics
• Fully support and follow Change Management processes and procedures
• Help standardize documentation for support of assigned systems and applications and help to facilitate understanding and use within level one support organization
• Accurately record all interactions with customers in the incident management tracking tool
• Participate in the evaluation of new or updated security solutions at the direction of engineering team.
• Perform special assignments as required
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related degree, or equivalent job experience.
• 3 or more years required of combined IT and security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments.
• 2 years of experience (minimum) and hands-on working knowledge with a variety of security technologies and processes including but not limited to Firewall (such as Check Point, Fortinet, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), VPN, SEIM, IDS/IPS (such as SourceFire, HP TippingPoint), HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, data loss prevention (such as Symantec, RSA, McAfee), content filtering technologies, application firewalls (such as F5, Imperva), vulnerability scanners, forensics software, and security incident response.
• GIAC and ISC2 certifications such as CISSP are highly preferred.
• Familiarity with audit support and response, and knowledge of regulatory compliance frameworks (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and PCI-DSS)
• Highly self-motivated
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a complex environment
• Solid understanding of standard business processes including Change Management, Problem Management, Work Prioritization, Quality Assurance, and Continuous Improvement best practices, etc.
• Strong client relationship management skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills
“Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.”
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Information Systems, Cisco, Quality Assurance, Operations, Technology