For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$131 billion in banking assets
$7.8 trillion in assets under custody
$9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
Bank Loan (BKL) Trade Analyst is responsible for processing syndicated bank loan trade settlements and reviewing security related investment documents to ensure accurate processing of activity. The role requires regular interaction with investment managers and all levels of staff to resolve inquiries and communicate problem resolution. Analysts are also expected to research and resolve exceptions for assigned accounts and assist in special projects as requested.
1. Accurately processing BKL related transactions for corporate, institutional and wealth management clients.
2. Communicating with a diverse set of internal and external clients including: Investment Managers, Clients, IMLG, HFS, Account Managers, Relationship Managers and other external parties.
3. Use of cash movement systems to produce and receive wires to/from investment managers on a daily basis.
4. Responds to internal and external inquiries and questions from partners, providing guidance and solutions.
5. Resolve exceptions associated with related processing, identify errors affecting accounts, and making necessary corrections.
6. Participate in department and team efforts to identify and implement process improvements.
7. Work efficiently and effectively under time-sensitive constraints, in a team-oriented environment
Excellent communication skills
Working knowledge of MS Office
Analytical and problem solving skills
Knowledge of capital markets with exposure to hedge funds, private equity, comingled funds, valuation reporting, reconciliation principles, and finance or accounting preferred
Work schedule is congruent to our Chicago office hours (start time will 6:30am/7:30am depending on Daylight Savings)Position may require mandatory overtime during peak periods