Practical Law, a Thomson Reuters business, is a leading online provider of legal know-how. We help business lawyers practice more efficiently and deliver greater value to clients. We deliver our content to companies, law firms and law schools. Our subscribers include most major international law firms and corporations, including approximately 85% of the Am Law 200, hundreds of small and mid-size firms, and over 1,300 legal departments worldwide.For more information about Practical Law see our website at www.us.practicallaw.tr.com.Practical Law is looking for a Senior Associate Editor, Real Estate to conduct research, draft, edit, and publish content for its Real Estate web service. The Senior Associate Editor will:
- Draft, edit, and update real estate resources that include jurisdictionally neutral and state specific resources. The resources include practice notes, checklists, standard documents, standard clauses, legal updates, and other legal content in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Edit real estate resources to conform to Practical Law’s house style and plain English.
- Develop ideas for new real estate content to be published on Practical Law.
- Liaise with external authors regarding original contributions and updates of Practical Law resources.
- Maintain and manage internal progress charts, databases, and folders.
- Provide additional research and editorial support to Senior Legal Editors.
- Provide additional editorial support for the Real Estate Service as required.
- J.D. required.
- Active license to practice law in one or more jurisdictions.
- Three to five years’ experience working as a real estate attorney in a law firm, as in-house counsel, or a combination of Practical Law editorial experience of at least 3 years and sufficient knowledge of commercial real estate law and practice.
- Knowledge and experience in commercial real estate transactions, including at least one of the following areas:
- acquisitions, ownership, development, and sales of various types of commercial real estate;
- financing of commercial real estate, including permanent loans and construction loans; or
- leasing of commercial real estate, including office buildings, retail, industrial, warehouse, mixed-use, and multi-family.
- Extensive experience negotiating and drafting real estate-related documents.
- Recent experience using WestlawNext for legal research.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Strong academic credentials.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel, and the legal market in general.
- Strong communication skills. Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
*This role can be located in a home office if not within a commutable distance of a Thomson Reuters office.*Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Washington, DC-District of Columbia-United States of America;Richmond-Virginia-United States of America;Annapolis-Maryland-United States of America;Albany-New York-United States of America