ONESOURCE Tax Information Reporting is looking for a Software Engineer. This position is responsible for the design, unit testing, coding and integration of assigned projects for ONESOURCE Tax Information Reporting product.
- Develop software solutions to correct product defects
- Develop software solutions to enhance the Tax Information Reporting product suite
- Use Test Driven Development where possible creating unit tests that become part of the software delivery
- Work with Business Analysts in order to gather and clarify requirements
- Understand and exhibit agile development techniques.
- Independently, the candidate must be able to analyze and resolve complex software problems
Project Summary: Software Development for ONESOURCE Tax Information Reporting product. This project will include the design, unit testing, development, maintenance, and enhancement to the ONESOURCE Tax Information Reporting products. All code will be checked into TFS Source Control and subject to design and code review. Development is completed in short iterations with deliverables tracked in TFS work tickets and deployed to testing environments for verification.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering (BE or B.Sc.) or like experience.
- Minimum 4 years of previous software development
- 3+ Years of Programming in ASP.net, C#.net, vb.net, SQL Server
- Angular JS (or other applicable Java script library )
- Experience using Visual Studio 2010/2013 and TFS Source Control.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a variety of social, cultural, legal, and political environments
- Exhibits passion for staying current on technologies and best practices as related to software development.
- Must also be willing to express new and innovative ideas.
- Exposure and adoption of Agile software development life cycle Methodologies
- Experience with Web services or Web APIs
- Experience coding unit tests/Test driven development
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America