Nielsen ‘s mission is to help marketers and media companies measure and improve advertising performance by accurately reporting on what consumers watch, see, or hear (whether on television, the web, in print, or on the radio).
Reach technology division is looking for an experienced Software Developer (Java/J2EE) applications to join the Application Development team. As part of the dynamic Digital Reference team you will be an integral part of a high energy team that is revolutionizing the way that the industry will analyze total audience measurement and total content consumption across all device types including TV, desktops, smartphones and tablets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years IT experience with hands-on software development.
- Strong ability to translate requirements into design and code based on the requirements.
- Strong ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams.
- Strong ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills to solve design and coding problems.
- Knowledgeable and competent in RDBMS systems such as PostGreSQL, Oracle
- Experience with Apache/Tomcat
- Experience in SQL
- Exposure to front end technologies and coding experience in middleware development
- Ability to Unit Test the code
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills