For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of June 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
•$126 billion in banking assets
•$7.4 trillion in assets under custody
•$9.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
•$1.0 trillion in assets under management
This position will have responsibility for the successful onboarding of new counterparties for the Foreign Exchange business. This includes providing oversight and support for the various partner teams across the organization as well as communicating/coordinating efforts directly with the counterparties. The incumbent will also be responsible for the monitoring and reporting of onboarding activities and representing the front office as the support tools evolve.
The business utilizes Salesforce as the counterparty database. The ability to implement clients efficiently, concurrently, and within reasonable timeframes is critical to the ongoing success of the business. The Onboarding Specialist will play a central role in constructing methodologies and processes that will enable the FX business to scale at an appropriate pace
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and continually improve a world-class service offering including planning, budgeting and risk management.
- Integrate tools and consistent processes across global teams. This includes liaising with technology partners to manage the day to day process between front office tools, Salesforce, and all down stream platforms.
- Recommend strategies to increase capacity and ability to convert manual process to automated solutions. This includes (where appropriate) developing relationships with and managing third-party providers to augment existing capabilities.
- Support the development of processes to maintain and/or improve overall client satisfaction.
- Provide sales support with regards to the product and process
- Work in tandem with operations and sales to ensure proper governance structure is utilized to support enhancements.
- Work closely with operations to ensure seamless transition from conversion phase to servicing phase
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Detailed functional and technical understanding of the foreign exchange front, middle-office, and back office operations and technology
- Must be a team-oriented leader across internal and counterparty functions
- Exceptional organizational, planning and client communication
- Client Service experience required
- Salesforce experience
Chicago, Illinois, United States | Bank Bldg-Chgo, IL