Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Member of a team of cross skilled technology professionals that are aligned with the Performance, Investment Risk, Investment Oversight, Securities Pricing/Valuation, Analytics, Marketing Operations, Client Reporting and Fund Board business units at Nuveen. This position would be responsible for the design, development, testing, performance tuning, roll out, and ongoing enhancements of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, leveraging the firm’s proprietary BI Platform in an iterative, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Perform physical database design through DDL scripts, database snapshots, and table partitions
Design, development, testing, performance tuning, roll out and ongoing enhancements of ETL processes (with proper utilization of multithreading, partitioning and other performance tuning techniques) by leveraging Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Design, development, testing, performance tuning, roll out and ongoing enhancements of reports by leveraging Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Perform database tuning/performance monitoring
Perform database capacity planning
Maintain the Enterprise data model repository using Erwin ModelMart Software
Create appropriate technical documentation as required for the project team
Facilitate all aspects of integration and testing- including creation and execution of use/test cases, bug tracking, review, prioritization, and resolution
Participate/assist in production cutover and migration. Collaborate with other team members in issue diagnosis, resolution and ongoing run-the-business application support.
- 4 – 7 years of experience working as a Microsoft Business Intelligence developer
- Proficient with design and performance tuning of SQL queries in a high volume data warehouse environment
- Experience with an Investment data warehouse
- In-depth knowledge of data warehousing design concepts and processes (star schemas, snowflakes, ETL)
- Broad knowledge of IT, including experience in SDLC and Waterfall/Agile project methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and conceptual skills
- Self-directed, self-starter, and motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience with DataStage
- Strong understanding of multiple asset classes, including equities, fixed income and derivatives
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.