The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) the Wealth Management Senior Client Service Representative is responsible for supporting relationship management teams through executing various administrative and operational activities related to clients, investment, banking and fiduciary and advisory products.
- Primary activities include, but are not limited to, establishing, maintaining and closing client accounts, executing money and asset movements, preparing and producing client materials and reports, resolving client inquiries, as well as ensuring accurate and complete account and client records. Of critical importance is their adherence to the required banking, investment and trust guidelines and procedures involved with requested activities. Additionally, the Senior Client Service Representative is expected to serve as a mentor to fellow client service representatives and to strive to help evolve the processes, procedures and operating environment of their Wealth Management team.
- Executes client account servicing activities as requested by partners within appropriate time frames, including but not limited to the processing of wires and fund transfers, bill payment, cash movement, gift processing, updating client databases, preparing required documentation, opening and closing accounts, meeting preparation, maintenance of accurate and complete account records, imaging of documents, and researching of client issues.
- Maintains a strong understanding of required steps involved with each activity, proactively communicating with relationship management and operations teams as appropriate to obtain necessary information to properly execute the requested activity and to improve upon the client servicing experience.
- Addresses the requirements of each activity in a timely fashion and in strict adherence with Northern Trust and Wealth Management Risk Management and Compliance guidelines and procedures, promptly escalating any issues and/or concerns to management.
- Reviews and maintains client records and information on all applicable client servicing systems, ensuring appropriate and required documentation is collected and imaged.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of the various business applications critical to client and account servicing, including on-line tools, and seeks to expand knowledge of the latest enhancements to Northern Trust partner and client technology and/or systems in order to maintain highest standards of servicing.
- Strives to identify service efficiency and delivery enhancements, as well as process improvements, and periodically participating in business unit initiatives related to process, technology, and system enhancements when directed by management.
- Keeps abreast of new or existing Northern Trust and Wealth Management products, services and compliance requirements with an eye on expanding client relationships and fostering new business.
- Serves as a mentor to fellow client service representatives, offering guidance, encouragement and direction as needed.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- 3-5 years in financial and/or client servicing experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of investment, banking and/or personal trust and advisory operations, products and services usually acquired through related work experience is required in order to skillfully assist relationship management teams in processing client servicing needs.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required to identify, research and/or resolve requests, as well as to manage conflicting priorities and workflow.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management