Under general direction, the Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for performing moderate to complex financial analysis and related duties for a global business unit.
1. Assists with Business Unit Financial Reporting & Analysis, Forecasting, Budgeting, Profitability Analysis, Financial Modeling, and Special Projects.
2. Assists in the preparation of various financial reports, providing data analysis and justification for management decisions.
3. Evaluates Business Unit’s financial processes to recommend enhancement for operating efficiency; develops and implements process improvements.
4. Perform ad-hoc data analysis, as well as, develop and maintain financial models.
5. Develops strong relationships and closely coordinates with Business Unit and Corporate Financial Management partners.
6. Participates in special projects, including planning, organizing, and directing activities towards project goal completion, including management reporting.
1. Relevant financial and accounting knowledge acquired through a four year degree program and/or related work experience.
2. Highly proficient with Excel.
3. Skilled in working with and analyzing large data sets.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong relationship building skills.
5. Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills.
6. Ability to handle multiple, complex projects with attention to detail while meeting deadlines.
1-5 plus years relevant experience required, relevant degree preferred.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$131 billion in banking assets
$7.8 trillion in assets under custody
$9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$1.1 trillion in assets under management