Staff Attorney – Litigation Manager, Consumer Litigation
Why Work For Credit Acceptance?
Credit Acceptance is a rapidly-expanding company with extensive growth opportunities. We are proud to say, for the 4th year in a row, we have been named one of Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our team members and culture create a positive workplace that drives us to succeed, making Credit Acceptance one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
We offer a great work environment, awesome team members, competitive benefits, progressive career opportunities, a casual dress code and we work hard to ensure every team member is empowered to work to their fullest potential
Credit Acceptance offers team members:
- Extensive growth opportunities as demonstrated by our track record of promoting internally
- An atmosphere that is collaborative, challenging, and filled with forward thinking team members
- Ongoing business training and career development opportunities
- Strong work-life balance with generous PTO beginning on day 1
- Competitive market-based salary with quarterly profit sharing and annual merit bonuses
- Excellent benefits package that includes 401(K) match, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical/dental/vision along with additional benefits that make us a great place to work
We are hiring a Staff Attorney – Litigation Manager, Consumer Litigation within our Corporate Legal Department.
Responsibilities in your area will include:
- Manage the Company’s consumer litigation portfolio, which could include consumer lawsuits and counter complaints. Specifically, this position will be responsible for assessing new complaints and developing strategy to resolve them. This position will be responsible for hiring local counsel and managing their work in accordance with an established budget
- Resolve pre-litigation disputes involving consumers, car dealers and service providers
- Perform legal research on assigned topics; provide counsel to the business; and if necessary, draft Legal Position Paper on the topics
- Support additional corporate legal requests
Who Are We Looking for?
Our ideal candidate for this role needs to:
- Be organized and capable of meeting all deadlines
- Remain positive, professional, determined, calm and focused when faced with challenging situations
- Be a quick thinker, with an ability to understand and interpret information promptly and effectively
- Be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Be receptive to ongoing feedback aimed at improving the performance of you and your team
- Have excellent research and writing skills, including familiarity with legal research
- Possess and express a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Be able to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Licensed to practice law
- A minimum of 3 years litigation experience, including taking and defending depositions; experience working directly with clients; and reviewing legal bills
- Familiarity with legal research tools (i.e. Westlaw and Lexis)
- Experience with consumer financial services law a debt collection
Company Core Values:
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust
- Insightful: Make timely well-considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don’t be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is an equal opportunity employer.