Work within the Income & International Tax Group (IITG) serving the Operations function for a diverse range of clients who have opted NT to provide a Tax Service. Responsible for maintaining, updating and safe keeping of clients original documentation. Reconciliation of the documentation against the Tax systems to ensure it is up-to-date and reflects accurate details for clients reference. The role is to act as an Intermediary to custodians & RM’s Interact with Sub-custodians, Tax Offices and the middle office on a daily basis, responding quickly and professionally to inquiries in an accurate and timely manner & reconcile the accounts in a timely manner to provide the accurate inputs to the depending partner areas. To continually aim to improve the service offered to clients.
To take on appropriate tasks from the Team Manager and escalate issues as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reviewing, maintaining, updating and safe keeping of clients original documentation
- Refer complicated issues to higher level specialist and/or to the London Middle Office.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to general queries received from clients, custodians and Relationship Managers.
- To work closely with the relevant contacts within the scope of the process and for clients to provide the best possible service, responding to queries and escalating as appropriate.
- Be aware of all service level agreements in place.
- Responsible for the creation of Tax Tables for Outsourcing Clients
- Review of Income Events to compare actual tax rates to tax tables
- To actively participate in Audits/ BCP exercises and to help the Team Manager to ensure awareness in the team
- Continuously meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of all clients.
- Work within a team with a strong willingness to assist others when required, building effective relationships with members of the team and other teams as well.
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of the investment management/asset servicing industry.
- Demonstrated client servicing capabilities and excellent communication skills.
- Must be resilient to pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly.
- Accuracy and attention to details at all times, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Numerically competent with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work flexibly when dealing with varying client requirements
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Previous experience in Financial Services, preferably Tax Documentation or Investment Management
- Eagerness and creative attitude towards improving product offering as well as a desire to identify and implement process efficiencies
- To initiate and lead team building activities within the team
- Maths or Computer Science degree
- General knowledge of financial products and their operations processing requirements
- Knowledge of Withholding Tax/ Reconciliations/ Accounting would be an added advantage
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management