For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
The successful candidate will be part of Cash Operations within the CFBL Practice. The position requires in-depth knowledge of Cash Operation. The role requires working in a team that has equal complexity and criticality. Should support and work closely with the Team Leaders and Section Manager for the implementation of business plan.
This roles primary responsibility is to but not limited to manage BAU, ensure all activities are executed by the team as per procedures, reviews are performed, and manage training requirement and system access, review of procedure documents.
The Technical Coordinator will report to the Section Manager in Bangalore.
- Deliver high quality service to clients by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks and requests for information.
- MIS & Reporting: Generating and maintaining MIS reports pertaining to process delinquency/ recoveries/variances/ corrective actions and presenting the same to the management for facilitating decision making.
- Continuous review of new and established processes to ascertain Risk areas within the same and introduce necessary checks & controls to mitigate any kinds of risk and also ensure compliance of procedures and policies of the Process / Organization.
- Assist with the provision of data for the internal and external audit process.
- To highlight the operational gaps, updated control and escalate the necessary issues to the Management.
- To proactively and effectively establish a level of client knowledge ensuring all requirements is met and allow the team build the relationship further.
- Deliver training /coaching effectively.
- Develop early warning techniques for process failures.
- To have a thorough understanding of the theoretical and technical nature of SWIFT OFAC
- To create, maintain and update procedures for the process
- To ensure full and proper reporting to the manager of any operational issues
- Where delays are expected to flag any service delivery issues as early as possible and ability to work on ad-hoc activities.
- Basic Capital market Knowledge
- Risk Management
- Policy analysis and quality control
- MIS Reporting
- Demonstrated innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate well with staff at all levels
- Solid analytical/research skills
- Bachelor’s Degree - Minimum
- B.Com, BBA, BBM with MBA – Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- High level of Proficiency in English
- Good written and oral English communication
- Computer literate
- Willingness to work in the night shift
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, Banking operations, Securities industry
- knowledge of MS office
- Relevant Work Experience
- Knowledge of office processes, procedures and technology
- Minimum of 24 months year in the current role and 4 years overall experience, Experience in Banking/ Cash Operations / Payment processing will be preferable.