Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures — ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
This 10-week internship will be located in Chicago
What Are Your Responsibilities?
- Collecting and developing metrics on cyber security incidents and producing charts and tables for reporting purposes.
- Interviewing cyber defense team members, capturing and documenting processes and developing flowcharts of process decision points and interaction
- Installing and evaluating cyber security tools and performing proof of concept analysis for cyber defense.
- Leveraging common attack framesworks and developing attacker kill chains and measuring defensive capabilities to defend same.
- Performing open source reconnaissance and investigation into information leakage for threat intelligence purposes.
Researching cyber attacks and cyber threats.
- Proficient with MS Office, word and excel.
- Good knowledge of technology
- Ability to use virtual machines, OS installation and installing and configuring software packages
- Knowledge of internet search engines
- A strong desire and passion to learn about cyber security, computer hacking, and cyber investigation.
- Previous internship experience preferred
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
- Graduation date between December 2018 – June 2019
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer
Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States (at this time, we are not offering this program under OPT or CPT or sponsoring work visas for these roles
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
- Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
- Challenging real world hands on project
- Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
- Professional development workshops
- Business Resource Group involvement
- Volunteer activities
Location: IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
BlueCross and BlueShield