Nielsen ‘s mission is to help marketers and media companies measure and improve advertising performance by accurately reporting on what consumers watch, see, or hear (whether on television, the web, in print, or on the radio).
Reach technology division is looking for an experienced Software Developer to join the Application Development team. As part of the dynamic Digital Reference team you will be an integral part of a high energy team that is revolutionizing the way that the industry will analyze total audience measurement and total content consumption across all device types including desktops, smartphones and tablets.
As a Software Developer, you will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company and its solutions. You will be part of ideation and conception phases and help define the scope and business requirements of the projects. The ideal candidate will collaborate with other developers, architects, and analysts in creating solutions that meet Nielsen’s business requirements and achieve high quality, and speed-to-market solutions. Candidate must be able to work closely with product managers, project managers, architects, other developers, DBA’s and the business stakeholders to develop the solutions and have flexibility to work across multiple time zones. This requires a self-managed strongly technical candidate that can take special projects from inception to completion. The candidate MUST have prior experience in developing scalable application with experience in data modeling, setting up of schemas, DDL, and writing SQL, stored procedures and DB functions. This position will expand to include other projects on the Cloud working on newer Technologies and Databases including Redshift, Python, Airflow Orchestration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years IT experience with hands-on software development.
- Strong design and development skills in Data modeling, DDL, SQL, SP, DB Functions and experience in orchestration frameworks such as Tibco, Control M.
- Strong ability to translate requirements into design and code based on the requirements.
- Strong ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams.
- Strong ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills to solve design and coding problems.
- Knowledgeable and competent in RDBMS systems such as Netezza, Oracle, PostGreSQL
- Ability to Unit Test the code
- Any java experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills