Bilingual Music Analyst (FT/PT)
Recognize music performance on terrestrial and non-terrestrial outputs across specific genres. Provide feedback to team regarding airplay content and audio clarity on stations, in addition to reporting station format or content changes. Support, communicate and respond to issues or concerns regarding the clarity of music data across all product platforms.
· Audit and identify music content of specific music genres from audio segments of select terrestrial and non-terrestrial music stations.
· Create new meta data and unique patterns through internal tools and encoding and validating procedure
· Recognize audio issues and report to Nielsen team members to resolve.
· Candidate will be listening to segments of radio airplay content from Hispanic Radio Stations.
· Candidate must be bilingual (English/Spanish) and have Latin music knowledge or ability to research and confirm musician and song titles through business approved methods.
· Will work in office and report to department lead and manager. Heavy mouse, keyboard and monitor usage
· High School graduate, 20 hours per week flexible schedule.
· Computer skills and Google tools comprehension mandatory.
· Candidate can be student that has extensive Spanish education or studying Spanish at college level. (Hispanic ethnicity not mandatory, but preferred for "slang" and various Latin music genres (Tropical, Regional & Rhythmic Music).
· Knowledge of music sites for research and music acquisition required.
· Extensive data entry skills (keyboarding, mouse usage and monitor viewing)
· Troubleshooting skills and task oriented
· Social Media Knowledge and web browser experience
· Open to change and conform to department standards
· Exceptional communication skills
· Exceptional electronic communication skills
· Knowledge of Office Work software
· Extensive musical background or knowledge required.
· Must be able to work the following schedule: Specific schedule will be determined upon individual interview, but availability and flexibility of a schedule across 7 day week (Monday-Sunday) preferred.
Nielsen is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement. By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance.
Nielsen, an S&P 500 company (NYSE: NLSN), has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90% of the world's population. Nielsen prides itself on being a place where employees can be themselves, make a difference, and grow their careers with the company. It has been named one of the “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” by DiversityInc for three years running and was selected as one of the “Top 35 Companies for Leaders who want Flexibility” by FlexJobs. For more information visit www.nielsen.com.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.